Members are people who are committed to TIRRC's work and mission, so they join TIRRC and join a committee and give a contribution. When people organize together, they have power to change their world.
Becoming a member is an important step in getting involved.
TIRRC is an immigrant and refugee-led group that empowers New Americans to defend their rights, unite in one voice, and develop as leaders.
As a member, I have the right to:
- Elect board members at Annual Membership Convention
- Decide priorities and campaigns
- Come to trainings, meetings, and events like New American Day on the Hill, Annual Membership Convention, and Immigrant State Assembly
By contributing today, we create tomorrow. Help TIRRC grow by:
- Paying membership dues to TIRRC
- Volunteering your time to the Immigrant Rights movement
- Recruiting family members and friends to get involved and become members
When you join TIRRC, you join a statewide support system; you join a family. Help fellow members by:
- Signing petitions, sending letters, and making phone calls to show decision makers how we feel about the way we want our member to be treated
- Attending vigils and marches
- Providing referrals in times of crisis
- Spreading the word about TIRRC!
- Join local TIRRC committees and become an active TIRRC leader
Members make a contribution when they join TIRRC because:
- Building a better Tennessee takes time and money.
- Movements are built over long periods of time, and if we don’t invest in TIRRC, it may not be there for the future.
- To show we believe in the work and own a part.
- TIRRC members hold TIRRC accountable because membership is a source of funding.
If not me, then who? If not now, then when? JOIN US!